Sunday, April 10, 2011

Wills Lifestyle India Fashion Week 2011 - Manish Malhotra

Manish Malhotra stuck to his signature anarkalis and sarees but instead of velvet and gota borders, switched to thread embroidery and crotchet/lace borders. The color palette was mainly nudes with some yellow and blush. The thread embroidery was in bright vivid colors and provided a nice visual contrast. The fabric was mainly net with some khadi silk trousers. A light, frothy summer collection! Not sure why it was shown in Autumn/Winter fashion week - Go figure!!

Who do I see wearing this collection? Do I really need to answer this:-)





photo credits: filmicafe.com

4 comments:

Cinderella said...

I kinda like the yellow anarkali..well not yellow all over but lower half of the dress. Rest is not so impressive. I wish MM came up with something new...how long is he gonna repeat the same stuff.

Saf ♥ said...

Manish Malhotra is my fave! I love his designs. x

STYLE'N said...

love all the nudes and neutral tones

hamaarethoughts.com said...

I like manish malhotras collection better...very classy yet trendy!colors are blended so well..

Related Posts with Thumbnails